Here's Cullen sleeping at the Charlottesville airport and sleeping on the plane from Cville to Charlotte.
We spent the first week of our trip in Baton Rouge. Cullen had a great time hanging out with Papa and Grandma, reading books, sitting on the screen porch, and singing songs. Everything was great until my poor mom broke her leg (tibia and fibula) on day 5 and had surgery on day 6. Unfortunately, she was in the hospital for about 5 days after that (and will be bedridden for 3 more months). Sad for her :(
Here are some pictures in Baton Rouge before the leg break.
Andrew and I went on a date to a great restaurant in Baton Rouge, Juban's, and we attempted to get some family photos before we left.
Cullen got to meet his great-grandma, though she was asleep most of the visit. I wish she didn't have Alzheimers because she would LOVE him.
Cullen got to meet his Aunt Jen and Millie-Moo, as well as Miss Gwen. Thank you SO much for driving all the way from Dallas with 2 kids under 3 and 3 months preggars to visit us. I love you!
We then headed to New Orleans. We had a great time, ate excellent food, and saw lots of family on both the Deaton and Juge sides of the family. Cullen enjoyed hanging out with his Mimi every morning as well (and I enjoyed getting some extra sleep, so thank you Anne!). Here are some pictures from our trip to NOLA.
Cullen met his great-grandpa Roy.He also got to meet his Aunt Amy, who is his godmother, and his Aunt Ashley (along with great Uncle Cary, great Uncle Don, great Uncle Greg, and Uncle Bradley...but we didn't get pictures with the men).
Cullen also spent some time campaigning for his great Uncle Cary, who is running for Senate.
We then extended our trip by 2 days and headed back to Baton Rouge so I could help my mom out and Cullen could cheer her up. I wish we could have stayed longer to help, but Cullen spent lots of time cuddling with her in bed.
The day before we left, Uncle Chris came to visit one last time, and we got some pictures with him.
All in all, it was a great trip and we loved spending time with family. I think Cullen loved Louisiana and we hope to get back down there soon!







No comments:
Post a Comment