Monday, May 31, 2010

10 Things About Cullen

So after having been around Cullen pretty much 24/7 for two weeks, except for the 4 days I worked, here's 10 observations I have relating to our little man:

1. He hates being changed.

2. He hates being bathed about twice as much as he hates being changed.

3. When in doubt, just feed him breastmilk and he'll likely stop crying. This task is for Elizabeth. This means I am pretty useless, actually, so I have to make sure I'm supportive and around for the little things because otherwise Elizabeth's job gets ever harder.

4. I thought changing diapers would be awful, and I had this huge worry about how I'd handle it. Turns out it's totally no big deal. Part of the routine. I'm not going to say I love it, but I was desensitized after about 2 days.

5. Trying to sleep when he sleeps is key.

6. Babies have more gas that I ever thought imaginable. Either that, or Cullen is a lot more gaseous than the average baby.

7. Speed is key when changing diapers, otherwise you risk getting a pee spray. Luckily it's just been my forearm to this point. I'd like to try to keep it that way.

8. His carseat is pretty effective at getting him sleepy. I am a fan.

9. Spit up bothers my wife a lot more than it bothers me. I guess that's no surprise given her crippling fear of throw up.

10. I want to give the guy who created the miracle blanket a hug. Seriously, I don't know how he came up with it, but swaddling is impossible without it. I don't understand how nurses are so effective at swaddling with a normal blanket. I am physically incapable of folding it properly. Lucky for me, the miracle blanket makes things easy. I'm going to put that invention on par with the automobile in terms of usefulness.

3 comments:

  1. gonna show this to B! keep up the good work guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome Dad and what I saw I agree with you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point 1 & 2 . Like Father Like Son.

    Point 5. Glad you found that one out.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete