Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Is It the Weekend Yet?
Work has been hellacious this week. It's been busy in general, but I've also been bombarded with things I need to complete before maternity leave which has resulted in some long hours. But despite this stressful work week, my co-workers were so kind and had the cutest little baby get together for me yesterday! The event's success can largely be attributed to Amanda, my good friend who is also in the department and an excellent party planner. I got the cutest gifts and ate the yummiest desserts. The department bought me a huge box of diapers, the Maya ring sling that I have been eyeing since I got pregnant, an adorable sleeper (pictured above), the cutest monkey stuffed animal, and a Baby Einstein bendy ball. It was so incredibly thoughtful! The director of our group, Keven, baked a strawberry and rhubarb pie which was DELICIOUS. And there were cookies and cupcakes from the best bakery in town. I had to enjoy all three desserts :) I'm lucky to have such wonderful co-workers! But that doesn't mean I'm not ready for the weekend. I only have one more full week of work after this one and then I'll switch to half days until Cullen makes his debut. Getting close...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I believe I recall from my days in England that rhubarb can start labor!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe just a typical midwife tale.....
What wonderful coworkers!!!
ReplyDelete