Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Make Up Your Mind, Doctors!

I went to the doctor on Monday for my weekly check-up and for another non-stress test. Everything went well! Baby boy was sleeping for the first half of the test, so they had to use a buzzer to wake him up. Poor baby went crazy when they did that to him. His heart showed lots of accelerations which indicate that his oxygen levels are normal as of now. Dr. Culver, who I have not seen since the first trimester (they rotate who you see at this practice), came into the room and said "I honestly have no idea why you're here or why the other doctor ordered a stress test for you twice a week. I am not seeing anything in your chart that indicates a problem. Your son's abdomen is measuring small, but the three ultrasounds you've had since March indicate that his abdomen is growing at an appropriate rate and his weight is around the 50th percentile." That was reassuring to hear, though it left me a little perplexed as to why the other doctors were concerned. So Dr. Culver called a meeting with the other doctors who all agreed that a non-stress test once a week, when I'm already there for my checkups, would suffice.

I was still dilated only 1 cm, but he's dropped lower and is at -1 station. I can really tell a difference in his position the past few days. It literally feels like he might fall out sometimes. If I should only be so lucky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment