Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busy 35th Week!

It's been a very busy week which has kept me from posting since the 34 week update. I'll summarize as quickly as possible! Last Friday night there was a going away party for our good friends Christine and Jay at Leah and Ethan's house. It was a keg party and I was exhausted from work, so we didn't stay long, but it was still fun to be social and see our friends all in one place. Saturday morning we woke up early to drive to DC for my friend Molly's baby shower. Her good friend Tina hosted the shower and it was absolutely lovely. Click here to see some pictures on her blog. Andrew was nice enough to drive with me there and back on Saturday because I was paranoid I would go into labor :) On Sunday, Andrew had a kickball game and we went to a going away BBQ for Christine and Jay at Lauren and Joey's house. It was a lot of fun - great weather, good food, and wonderful friends. I wish I had some pictures!

Monday night I went to pilates. It was challenging and I got tired so quickly, but the worst part was the next day. I could barely walk and my pelvis was SO SORE! My teacher said that might be the case as my pelvic bone is starting to separate in these last few weeks to get ready for labor, but it was really painful. I think this Monday may be my last pilates class until after Cullen's born, but we'll see. Tuesday night we went to Sakura, a delicious teppanyaki place, with a big group of friends for another farewell to Christine and Jay. They move to Miami tomorrow and I am going to miss them terribly. I can't believe Auntie Christine won't be around for Cullen's birth :( Hopefully they will visit often.

Wednesday night was our last baby class and it was good but way too long. This class was at the hospital and we learned about some common conditions when a baby is born - baby acne, cradle cap, bruised head from delivery, etc. We then saw a newborn get bathed and he was really adorable. I can't wait to see what baby Cullen looks like! Lastly we took a tour of the hospital. The birthing rooms were really big and nice, and in some ways, seeing the rooms helped ease some of my fears. And that brings us to tonight, breast feeding class, aka the biggest waste of two hours. We were tired of being in classes to begin with and it just wasn't very useful. Half the time was spent watching a video and the other half was spent listening to the teacher promote the use of a lactation consultant (her job) whenever necessary.

I am looking forward to a much quieter week next week. And we are also looking forward to Andrew's parents visiting us this weekend! I'll try to take some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Nice you got to see the birthing rooms. Classtime is over. Now for the real thing! Can't wait for little Cullen. He will be a spoiled little boy.Love y'all

    ReplyDelete