Monday, November 23, 2009
And the facebook world knows...
I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. In a meeting with my department head Friday afternoon, I let him know that I was pregnant. I was pretty nervous telling him, but he was very excited and supportive of me. Today I told my other boss the news, and he was congratulatory and didn't seem too worried about it. I have been so nervous about their reactions because both bosses are men, but they were great. After I told the big bosses, I was able to announce it to my group of analysts. I think they were shocked, but very happy for me. Despite Andrew begging me on a daily basis for at least the last month, I haven't allowed him to announce the news on facebook until I told my work we were expecting. So today, literally minutes after I announced my pregnancy to my group, Andrew posted the news on facebook. I hope it was everything he dreamed it would be :)
As a side note, I did some research on the Intelligender test. Despite its claims of being 80-90% accurate, it looks the test is wrong about 50% of the time. Although it doesn't matter to me if the baby is a boy or a girl, I'm kind of excited to hear that the gender is still up in the air. Although the anticipation is killing me, for some reason, I don't like the idea of knowing the gender before it's confirmed by the doctor. Countdown until we find out the sex: 50 days!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read about the accuracy of the test. That is why I am guessing boy!
ReplyDelete