skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Swine Flu Scare
One day, when baby Juge reads this blog, I want him/her to know how great his/her daddy was during my pregnancy. There is a big swine flu (h1n1) epidemic going on, and because I'm always worried about my health, I have been scared since June of getting this flu. Once I became pregnant, I was in a pretty big panic because the statistics for pregnant women are startling. At one point it was reported that 25% of pregnant women who contracted the virus were dying! I was on a mission to get the vaccine, but it was hard to come by. When I went to my ob-gyn, they said they weren't sure if they were ever going to get the vaccine, but there were signs posted that on Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm, the Charlottesville Health Department would have the vaccine. Andrew was nice enough to wake up with me early on a Saturday to get there at 9 am. When we got there, the line was at least 4 blocks long. There were hundreds of families there waiting for the vaccine. I got at the back of the line. I felt like I was getting a lot of mean stares from women who were thinking 'my kids need this vaccine way more than you do', seeing as I did not look pregnant at all. I patiently waited while Andrew parked the car. There were rumors in the line that they only had about 40 vaccines left. Once Andrew found me in the line, he said he was going to talk to some administrators about giving pregnant women priority. About 2 minutes later, he comes back and tells me to follow him. I was mortified that we were cutting about 500 people in the line, but also so thankful. He had talked to the head nurse and told her that his wife was pregnant and that she should get priority. Needless to say, Andrew somehow persuaded the nurse to take us to the front of the line, and we were in and out of the clinic in 15 minutes. I couldn't be more appreciative of my hubby! I would never have been assertive enough to get this done and I don't think I would have gotten the vaccine if it weren't for him. I love you Andrew!
haha, love you. Hey, the sooner we got out of there the sooner I got back to bed! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're right.You have the best husband ever!
ReplyDeleteWhen did Andrew change his name to Andew:)
ReplyDeletehaha. Good catch! I changed it.
ReplyDeleteGot to write everyday so I can get my fix!!!
ReplyDelete